WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Failure creates success.
Do you have any personal example when failure created success for you?
What do you know about Elon Musk?
How would you describe his vision for the future?
How do you think failure played a role in his career?
10 STRATEGIES TO UNDERSTAND THE MOST FROM THE VIDEO
- Take your time and first, watch the video for pleasure.
- Focus on things that you understand.
- Try to link them with your previous knowledge about the subject.
- Make links between images and what you hear.
- Watch the video again (several times if you wish), stopping it when needed and make a list of things you find important.
- Play the video again without sound and follow your list. By now, you should be able to give your summary of the video.
- Download the Language Activities Handout. It gives you some Vocabulary, Exercises and the Key (le corrigé) to help you with understanding.
- While completing the Exercises watch the video again to find the answers. If needed, click on the “cc” button, which will show you the subtitles.
- If you find words that are not in the Vocabulary list and blocks you from understanding, look it up in the Dictionary
- The most important point: You want to understand the video globally and connect it to your own experience and knowledge.
10+ Do not be disappointed that you don’t understand every single word. It is normal!
Watch the video
Elon Musk’s Highs and Lows: PayPal, SpaceX, Tesla
By Ainara Tiefenthäler and Sarah Stein Kerr
Retrieved from The New York Times
Read the article In The New York Times
Elon Musk Details ‘Excruciating’ Personal Toll of Tesla Turmoil
What questions arise from the Times interview?
What do you think about work-life balance?
Is it something important for you?
How do you think creativity and work-life balance are related?
Write a letter to Elon Musk, starting “Dear Elon Musk, ….”
Read the following letter